- What is the difference between Grid Tie Setup and Off Grid Setup?
- What is the difference between Grid Tied Inverter and Off Grid or regular inverter?
- What kind of water should I use if my deep cycle battery dried?
- How Hybrid Off Grid or HOG inverter works?
Basically, inverter converts the DC (Direct Current) power source into AC (Alternating Current). Grid Tie Inverters also known as GTI are inverters that you can connect directly to the power outlet. Yes, your house will have two diffrent power sources, and it will not explode. There's a microcontroller inside that synchonizes the generated power to the grid. You cannot do that in regular or Off Grid Inverters. If you will connect the Off Grid Inverter to the grid lines, the inverter will be DAMAGED and might cause injuriies and fire because it is not designed to sync the generated power to the grid. Hybrid Off Grid Inverters (HOG) also known as Grid Tie Inverters with battery backup are simply a combination of GTI and Off-Grid Inverters. Here's the differences between these 3 types of inverters
|Grid Tie Inverter||Off Grid Inverter||Hybrid On-Grid Inverter|
|Grid power is required for grid synchronization||Yes||No||Yes|
|Shuts down when the grid is down||Yes||No||No**|
|Energizes loads during grid failure (black out)||No||Yes||No|
|Connected directly to the power outlet||Yes||No||Yes (AC In or AC Terminal)|
|Feeds all generated power to the grid line||Yes||No||No (Feeds surplus power only)|
|Local electric company buys excess or surplus power||Yes||No||Yes|
|Inverter Cost||High||Low||Very High|
|Full Setup Cost||Low||Very High||High|
* Connect the AC In or AC Terminal to the power outlet or grid line while AC Out on your appliances
** Critical loads only
Grid Tie Setup
Off Grid Setup